Take up to 30% off any board review question bank and $150 off CME activities.
Hurry, the deals end November 29th!
*CYBERCME applies to CME activities over $300. Restrictions apply.
$150 Off CME Activities
Copy Promo Code
30% Off 6-Month Question Banks
Copy Promo Code
25% Off 3-Month Question Banks
Copy Promo Code
COMLEX Level 1 Board Review Questions and Practice Tests
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“BoardVitals offers well-written practice questions with highly detailed explanations that help students review for Step 1. Even going over wrong answers helps students learn high-yield associations so that they know what key information to look for on the real exam and won’t get questions like those wrong in the future. BoardVitals offers both a tutor/review mode and a timed test mode to give students flexibility in practicing for the exam. BoardVitals makes it easy to study at your own pace. ”Jess U.
Key COMLEX Level 1 Board Review Features
COMLEX Level 1 Board Review Topics Covered:
- Immune System
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biology of Cells
- Human Development and Genetics
- Multisystem Processes
- Microbial Biology and Infection
- Hematopoietic and Lymphoreticular Systems
- Nervous System and Special Senses
- Musculoskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Renal/Urinary System
- Endocrine System
- Genitourinary System and Human Sexuality
- Digestion and Metabolism
- Circulation and Cardiovascular System
- Skin, Hair and Nails
- Biostatistics & Epidemiology
- Cognition, Behavior, Substance Abuse, and Pain
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Health Care Delivery Issues
Information about the COMLEX Level 1
As outlined by the NBOME, the COMLEX Level 1 is a problem-based and symptom-based assessment, administered in a timed environment.
Passing this exam means the candidates has demonstrated competence in the foundational biomedical sciences and osteopathic principles as required to solve clinical problems in the supervised clinical practice setting and to prepare for lifelong learning.
What topics are covered on the COMLEX Level 1?
According to the COMLEX-USA Examination Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
Dimension 1: Patient Presentation (Minimum %)
- Osteopathic Principles, Practice, and Manipulative Treatment: 11%
- Osteopathic Patient Care and Procedural Skills: 6%
- Application of Knowledge for Osteopathic Medical Practice: 60%
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement in Osteopathic Medical Practice: 5%
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills in the Practice of Osteopathic Medicine: 3%
- Professionalism in the Practice of Osteopathic Medicine: 3%
- Systems-Based Practice in Osteopathic Medicine: 2%
Dimension 2: Physician Tasks (Minimum %)
- Community Health and Patient Presentations Related to Wellness: 12%
- Human Development, Reproduction, and Sexuality: 5%
- Endocrine System and Metabolism: 5%
- Nervous System and Mental Health: 10%
- Musculoskeletal System: 13%
- Genitourinary/Renal System and Breasts: 5%
- Gastrointestinal System and Nutritional Health: 10%
- Circulatory and Hematologic Systems: 10%
- Respiratory System: 10%
- Integumentary System: 5%
How long is the COMLEX Level 1?
The COMLEX Level 1 is a one-day exam delivered in two 4-hour sessions, containing a total of 400 test questions predominantly in single best answer, multiple choice or extended matching item formats, with some novel test items involving audio-visual components designed to assess an expanded physician competency subset.
The COMLEX is graded on a Pass/Fail basis.
COMLEX Tips and Tricks
Level 1 is typically given to 2nd year Osteopathic Medical Students. While each exam has slight variations, we have heard that Neuro and Psychiatric Pharm are heavily tested. OMM questions tend to be on the easier side. Several students that we have talked to struggled with the ‘data gathering’ section… this probably is one area where rote memorization is advised.
It’s important to understand that COMLEX is not a combination of USMLE and OMT – the scoring is completely different and the questions are a little more ‘murky’ than the more straightforward approach of the USMLE exams. Your study time should be focused on working through these types of questions instead of just memorizing facts. You should be using practice questions to drive the study focus, and always study the answer options as well. (We’ve spent a significant amount of time writing out explanations for incorrect answers for a reason – it really helps!)
All in all, BoardVitals is a pretty challenging question bank. Students that score over 50% on our COMLEX question bank tend to do very well on the real exam. We’ve focused on really teaching the key concepts. Just make sure to flag problematic questions that you can go back to the week before the exam. Good luck!