Earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credits, PLUS get up to a $2,500 Gift Card!
COVID-19: A New Virus and New Challenges CME Online Activity
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it is more crucial than ever for medical professionals to stay up to date on this disease to ensure the safety and well-being of themselves and their patients. After reading this COVID-19 resource for physicians and advanced practitioners, test your competency in COVID-19 by reviewing a case study accompanied by a series of questions. Read the latest info on COVID-19 and earn up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to meet your career requirements.
Read the FREE COVID-19 resource for this CME activity.
Earn CME Credits
- 1 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s)
Quick and Convenient: The fastest way to earn CME online
Up-to-date evidence-based questions and cases with rationales and detailed explanations
Key COVID-19: A New Virus and New Challenges CME Activity Features
Coronavirus (COVID-19) CME Online Activity Subject List
- Presentation and Prognosis
- Limiting Viral Spread
- Diagnosis: Clinical Features and Diagnostic Tests
- Suggested Guidelines After Close Contact: Test-Based vs. Time-Based Approach
- Management of Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19
- Oxygenation Strategies
- Ventilation Strategies: Low Tidal Volume Ventilation
- Maternal-Fetal Transmission
- Looking Forward: Vaccine, Clinical Trials, and Herd Immunity
Contributing Coronavirus (COVID-19) CME Medical Faculty
- Eric Mallow, MD
- Karen Shackelford, MD
- Adam Goodcoff, MSIV/PGY0
Stated Learning Objectives for the Online Coronavirus (COVID-19) CME Online Activity
Upon review of this online CME whitepaper, participants should be able to:
- Understand the origins and characteristics of the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Understand the symptoms and diagnosis of COVID-19, including CDC priorities for RT-PCR testing
- Understand current treatment recommendations, including the use of low tidal volume ventilation
- Understand current recommendations to limit transmission during pregnancy and breastfeeding
How do I earn COVID-19: A New Virus and New Challenges CME Credits?
- Check your COVID-19 CME Online Activity state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the COVID-19: A New Virus and New Challenges CME Self-Assessment Activity.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further COVID-19: A New Virus and New Challenges CME info found here.