Nuclear Medicine & West Virginia CME Requirements
- 1 IMP Activity
By the end of year 5
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine
By the end of year 10
- MOC Exam
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits (years 6+)
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine (years 6+)
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits (years 6+)
At a Glance
The American Board of Nuclear Medicine requires 125 AMA Category 1 credits every 5 years, with a minimum average of 25 CME AMA Category 1 Credits per year.
Of these credits, a minimum of 17.5 must be on the subject of Nuclear Medicine per year, and a minimum of 8 self-assessment credits per year.
Correlative Imaging, and other subjects that are related to a physician's field of practice, may be counted towards the 17.5 Nuclear Medicine related-activity credits per year requirement.
- 50 Category 1 Credits.
- 3 Best Practices Prescribing of Controlled Substances and Drug Diversion Training.
- 30 Hours in Area of Specialty.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The West Virginia Board of Medicine requires 50 Category 1 CME hours every two years. Of these hours, a minimum of 30 must relate to the physician's specialty, and a minimum of 3 hours in board approved hours on the subject of best practices prescribing of controlled substances and drug diversion training.
- 16 AOA Category 1-A or 1-B Credits (Osteopathic).
- 3 Board Approved Courses (Licensees that prescribes, administers or dispenses controlled substances only).
At a Glance
32 total hours every 2 years
The West Virginia Board of Osteopathy requires 32 CME hours every two years. Of these hours, 16 must be either AOA-approved Category 1-A or 1-B. Additionally, licensees are required to complete drug diversion training and best practice prescribing of controlled substances training. For licensees that prescribes, administers or dispenses controlled substances, 3 of the 32 hours must be earned through a board-approved course.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.