Nuclear Medicine & Idaho CME Requirements
- 1 IMP Activity
By the end of year 5
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine
By the end of year 10
- MOC Exam
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits (years 6+)
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine (years 6+)
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits (years 6+)
At a Glance
The American Board of Nuclear Medicine requires 125 AMA Category 1 credits every 5 years, with a minimum average of 25 CME AMA Category 1 Credits per year.
Of these credits, a minimum of 17.5 must be on the subject of Nuclear Medicine per year, and a minimum of 8 self-assessment credits per year.
Correlative Imaging, and other subjects that are related to a physician's field of practice, may be counted towards the 17.5 Nuclear Medicine related-activity credits per year requirement.
- 40 Category 1 CME (Practice Relevant).
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Idaho State Board of Medicine requires that those licensed to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine or surgery in Idaho shall complete no less than forty (40) hours of practice relevant, Category 1, CME every two (2) years.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.