Nuclear Medicine & Colorado CME Requirements
- 1 IMP Activity
By the end of year 5
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine
By the end of year 10
- MOC Exam
- 125 AMA Category 1 Credits (years 6+)
- Minimum 87.5 hours on Nuclear Medicine (years 6+)
- Minimum 40 self-assessment credits (years 6+)
At a Glance
The American Board of Nuclear Medicine requires 125 AMA Category 1 credits every 5 years, with a minimum average of 25 CME AMA Category 1 Credits per year.
Of these credits, a minimum of 17.5 must be on the subject of Nuclear Medicine per year, and a minimum of 8 self-assessment credits per year.
Correlative Imaging, and other subjects that are related to a physician's field of practice, may be counted towards the 17.5 Nuclear Medicine related-activity credits per year requirement.
- 25 Category 1 CME (PA only; within 12 months of renewal)
- 100 CME (Any; PA only).
At a Glance
0 total hours every 2 years
Colorado Physicians are not required by the Colorado Medical Board to obtain continuing education. However, Physician Assistants are required one hundred hours of CME every two years, including 25 hours of Category 1 CME within the past twelve months. Renewal of licenses is required every two years.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.