Neurological Surgery & Wyoming CME Requirements
- Evaluation of Performance in Practice Activity Required Annually
By the end of year 10
- 90 Additional Category 1 Credits
- Neurological Surgery Safety Course
- One Self Assessment Course (Choose from a number of options)
- 60 Neurological Surgery Category 1 Credits
At a Glance
The American Board of Neurological Surgery requires 150 CME hours every 3 years.
Of these hours, a minimum of 60 must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in activities related to the subject of Neurological Surgery. The remaining hours may be earned through Neurosurgery related activities or additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learners must complete a self assessment module each cycle as well as a patient safety course each cycle.
Learners must also complete Evidence of Evaluation of Performance in Practice each year.
The cognitive examination must be completed once every ten year cycle.
- 60 AMA Category 1 or 2 Credits, AOA Credits, or SA Activities.
At a Glance
60 total hours every 3 years
The Wyoming Board of Medicine requires 60 CME hours every 3 years. These hours may be any combination of AMA-approved Category 1 or Category 2 credits, AOA credits, and verifiable self-assessment activities.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.