Neurological Surgery & Texas CME Requirements
- Evaluation of Performance in Practice Activity Required Annually
By the end of year 10
- 90 Additional Category 1 Credits
- Neurological Surgery Safety Course
- One Self Assessment Course (Choose from a number of options)
- 60 Neurological Surgery Category 1 Credits
At a Glance
The American Board of Neurological Surgery requires 150 CME hours every 3 years.
Of these hours, a minimum of 60 must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in activities related to the subject of Neurological Surgery. The remaining hours may be earned through Neurosurgery related activities or additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learners must complete a self assessment module each cycle as well as a patient safety course each cycle.
Learners must also complete Evidence of Evaluation of Performance in Practice each year.
The cognitive examination must be completed once every ten year cycle.
- 24 AMA, AOA and/or AAFP Category 1 Credits
- 2 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility
At a Glance
48 total hours every 2 years
The Texas Medical Board requires 48 Category 1 credits approved by the AMA, AOA, AAFP, Texas medical Association, or the board.
Of these hours, 2 must be on the topic of medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
Up to 48 hours may be carried over into the next licensure period.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.