Neurological Surgery & South Carolina CME Requirements
- Evaluation of Performance in Practice Activity Required Annually
By the end of year 10
- 90 Additional Category 1 Credits
- Neurological Surgery Safety Course
- One Self Assessment Course (Choose from a number of options)
- 60 Neurological Surgery Category 1 Credits
At a Glance
The American Board of Neurological Surgery requires 150 CME hours every 3 years.
Of these hours, a minimum of 60 must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in activities related to the subject of Neurological Surgery. The remaining hours may be earned through Neurosurgery related activities or additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learners must complete a self assessment module each cycle as well as a patient safety course each cycle.
Learners must also complete Evidence of Evaluation of Performance in Practice each year.
The cognitive examination must be completed once every ten year cycle.
- 40 AMA or AOA Category 1 Credits
- 30 Physician's Area of Practice
- 2 Approved Procedures of Prescribing and Monitoring Controlled Substances
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners requires 40 AMA, AOA, or other board-approved organization Category 1 hours. Of these hours, a minimum of 30 must be on a subject directly related to the licensee's practice area, and a minimum of 2 hours must be on the subject of approved procedures of prescribing and monitoring controlled substances.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.