Neurological Surgery & Kentucky CME Requirements
- Evaluation of Performance in Practice Activity Required Annually
By the end of year 10
- 90 Additional Category 1 Credits
- Neurological Surgery Safety Course
- One Self Assessment Course (Choose from a number of options)
- 60 Neurological Surgery Category 1 Credits
At a Glance
The American Board of Neurological Surgery requires 150 CME hours every 3 years.
Of these hours, a minimum of 60 must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in activities related to the subject of Neurological Surgery. The remaining hours may be earned through Neurosurgery related activities or additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learners must complete a self assessment module each cycle as well as a patient safety course each cycle.
Learners must also complete Evidence of Evaluation of Performance in Practice each year.
The cognitive examination must be completed once every ten year cycle.
- 30 AMA or AOA Approved Category 1 Credits.
At a Glance
60 total hours every 3 years
The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure requires 60 hours of CME credits every three years, of which 30 must be AMA or AOA approved Category 1 hours.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.