Neurological Surgery & Connecticut CME Requirements
- Evaluation of Performance in Practice Activity Required Annually
By the end of year 10
- 90 Additional Category 1 Credits
- Neurological Surgery Safety Course
- One Self Assessment Course (Choose from a number of options)
- 60 Neurological Surgery Category 1 Credits
At a Glance
The American Board of Neurological Surgery requires 150 CME hours every 3 years.
Of these hours, a minimum of 60 must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in activities related to the subject of Neurological Surgery. The remaining hours may be earned through Neurosurgery related activities or additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Learners must complete a self assessment module each cycle as well as a patient safety course each cycle.
Learners must also complete Evidence of Evaluation of Performance in Practice each year.
The cognitive examination must be completed once every ten year cycle.
- 50 Hours in Area of Practice.
- 1 Credit In Various Subjects (see full description) during first renewal and every 6 years (3rd renewal period) after.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Connecticut Medical Examining Board requires 50 CME hours every two years in the area of the physician's practice. Additionally, during a physician's first renewal period, and once within every six year period after, at least one credit is required in each of the following categories: cultural competency, domestic violence, infectious disease (which includes, but is not limited to, AIDS and HIV), risk management, sexual assault, cultural competency, and behavioral health.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.