Allergy & Immunology & Utah CME Requirements
- 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits Annually
By the end of year 5
- 1 Recent Advances Module
- 1 Practice Assessment/Quality Improvement Activitiy
By the end of year 10
- 1 Communication Module
- 1 Patient Safety Module
- 2 Recent Advances Module (Cumulative over all 10 years)
- 2 Practice Assessment/Quality Improvement Activity (Cumulative over all 10 years)
- Pass the Secure Examination once every ten years.
At a Glance
- 34 Category 1 Credits
- 4 Substance Prescribing (Controlled Substance Licensees Only)
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensure (DOPL) requires 40 CME hours every 2 years, of which a minimum of 34 must Category 1 credits, and a maximum of 6 may come from DOPL.
For those with a controlled substance license, 4 CME hours are required, of which 3.5 must be on the topic of substance prescribing and .5 must come from the online DOPL tutorial.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.