Allergy & Immunology & Connecticut CME Requirements
- 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits Annually
By the end of year 5
- 1 Recent Advances Module
- 1 Practice Assessment/Quality Improvement Activitiy
By the end of year 10
- 1 Communication Module
- 1 Patient Safety Module
- 2 Recent Advances Module (Cumulative over all 10 years)
- 2 Practice Assessment/Quality Improvement Activity (Cumulative over all 10 years)
- Pass the Secure Examination once every ten years.
At a Glance
The American Board of Allergy and Immunology requires 25 AMA PRA Category 1 credits each year on the subject of Allergy and Immunology. Up to 6 of these credits may come from non-self-directed state and institutional mandated CME activities. A Patient Safety module and Communication module are each required once every 10 years, and a Recent Advances module is required once every 5 years. The secure examination must be passed once every 10 years. Complete 1 Practice Assessment/Quality Improvement model every 5 years (see ABAI website for qualifying activities)
- 50 Hours in Area of Practice
- 1 Credit In Various Subjects (see full description)
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Connecticut Medical Examining Board requires 50 CME hours every two years in the area of the physician's practice.
Additionally, during a physician's first renewal period, and once within every six year period after, at least one credit is required in each of the following categories: cultural competency, domestic violence, infectious disease (which includes, but is not limited to, AIDS and HIV), risk management, sexual assault, cultural competency, and behavioral health.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.